Eggless macaroni milk pudding is a delightful dessert that combines the goodness of macaroni with the rich, creamy texture of milk pudding. Whether you’re a vegetarian, allergic to eggs, or simply looking for a unique dessert to try, this recipe is a must-try. In this article, we’ll provide you with detailed cooking instructions to create this scrumptious treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s gather the ingredients:
For the Macaroni
- 1 cup of macaroni
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of saffron strands
- A handful of chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, and pistachios)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter)
- Saffron strands
- Chopped nuts
Step-by-Step Cooking Instructions
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, let’s start cooking!
Step 1 – Boiling the Macaroni
- Take 1 cup of macaroni and boil it according to the package instructions until it’s al dente.
- Once boiled, drain the macaroni and set it aside.
Step 2 – Preparing the Pudding Base
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, add 4 cups of milk and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of condensed milk, and 1/4 cup of evaporated milk. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add a pinch of saffron strands, 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder. Continue to simmer on low heat.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee and roast the chopped nuts until they turn golden brown. Add these roasted nuts to the milk mixture.
- Keep stirring the milk mixture on low heat until it thickens and reduces by about half. This may take approximately 20-25 minutes.
Step 3 – Combining the Macaroni
- Once the milk mixture has thickened, add the boiled macaroni to it. Stir gently to combine the macaroni with the creamy pudding base.
- Add 1/4 cup of fresh cream to enhance the creaminess.
Step 4 – Simmering
- Simmer the mixture on low heat for an additional 5-7 minutes to allow the macaroni to absorb the flavors of the pudding.
Step 5 – Garnish and Serve
- Transfer the eggless macaroni milk pudding to serving bowls.
- Garnish with saffron strands and chopped nuts.
Eggless macaroni milk pudding is a delightful dessert that offers a unique twist to traditional milk pudding. By following these simple cooking instructions, you can create this creamy delight at home. Whether you’re serving it to guests or enjoying it as a special treat for yourself, this dessert is sure to impress.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Can I use any type of macaroni for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of macaroni you prefer, such as elbow macaroni or penne.
2. Is it necessary to add saffron strands?
Saffron adds a unique flavor and a touch of color, but you can skip it if you don’t have it on hand.
3. Can I use low-fat milk and cream?
Yes, you can use low-fat milk and cream if you prefer a lighter version of this dessert.
4. How long can I store leftover pudding?
You can refrigerate leftover pudding for up to 2-3 days. Reheat it in the microwave before serving.
5. Can I make this pudding without condensed milk?
While condensed milk adds sweetness and creaminess, you can substitute it with extra sugar and milk if needed. Adjust the sugar quantity according to your taste.
Read more: https://lookupin.co.uk/