Sign In to My Universal Credit Account
Universal Credit is a monthly payment made by UK government to people with low income or out of work which help them with living costs. Here we will discuss on Universal credit log in steps and payment dates 2019. Whether you can claim for Universal Credit depends on your circumstances and where you live. You can not claim Universal credit and other benefits at the same time which include child tax credit, housing benefit, job seeker’s allowance, income support, income related employment and support allowance, working tax credit etc.
Apply for Universal Credit
You can apply for Universal Credit online. It is simple and quick to apply online. Following given are the steps on how to apply online:
- Go to www.gov.uk/browse/benefits/universal-credit
- Click the link ‘Apply for Universal Credit’ displayed in middle of the screen.
- Read information displayed on the screen. Click ‘Start Now’ button displayed at bottom of the screen.
- Enter your post code in the box displayed. Click ‘Start’ button.
- Provide all the details as asked following instructions given, set up your username and password to complete the application process.
You will receive your first instalment after about 5 weeks.
Log In to Your Universal Credit Account
By signing in to your Universal Credit account, you can apply for an advance on your first payment, view statement, report a change in circumstances, view to-do list, check when your next payment is, view your claimant commitment, add a note to your journal and more. Following given is the steps how to sign in:
- Go to www.gov.uk/sign-in-universal-credit
- Click ‘Sign In’ button displayed at bottom of the screen.
- Enter your username and password in the fields specified. Click ‘Sign In’ button. If you have difficulty signing in, click the link ‘Problems signing in?’ displayed below sign in button.
You can find about if you are eligible for the Universal Credit using the Citizens Advice eligibility checker at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/before-you-apply/Check-if-youre-eligible-for-Universal-Credit/ . For further information, you can visit the website www.gov.uk>Benefits>Universal credit.