Dvla.gov.uk – Provisional Driving Licence Apply
UK Provisional driving licence online application: If you are in UK, it is necessary for you that you know driving because without driving a vehicle you are nowhere. To learn the driving a car or a motorbike one has to first applies for a provisional driving license. The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) allow you to apply for it online through Directgov online platform. You can apply it online if you applying it for the first time only and with the prerequisite that you are resident of Great Britain and meet the minimum age and minimum eyesight requirement. The online application process is very simple and takes a while to complete provided you meet the requirements. There official website is www.dvla.gov.uk.
Using the Driver Licensing Online system on Directgov website is very convenient and it is free apply for your first provisional driving licence. It is a completely not-for-profit service. On successful submission of the application, you will receive your driving licence very soon, may be in a couple of weeks from DVLA.
About the Directgov
Directgov is a UK public service website platform supported by UK government that delivers guidelines and information about the public services of UK to people in England and Wales. One can search for services and details regarding motoring, education and learning, employment, tax and government benefits, income support and many more. It provides many online services.
How to get a provisional driving licence?
- You must have a computer with internet access.
- You must be a resident of Great Britain and must meet the minimum age requirement and minimum eyesight requirement and have not had a provisional licence in Britain before.
- You must have a valid UK passport or a valid National Insurance number.
- You must have a valid debit or credit card and details of your last three years addresses.
- Visit the Directgov Driver Licensing Online Service website at http://www.direct.gov.uk/drivinglicence and go on the “Apply for your first provisional driving licence.”
- Go through Driver Licensing Application Guidance and go on the “Next” and “Apply Online”.
- If you already have a Government Gateway User ID, you can click “log on” to continue. Or if you are a new user, click “register” link to register your Government Gate way account first.
- Complete application process following instructions.
- For further information, you can visit to the Provisional Driving Licence Application Introduction web page at http://www.direct.gov.uk