Apply for Employment at job centre direct gov.co.uk with Universal Jobmatch
Job centre direct gov.co.uk: Universal Jobmatch, the British job website, is the largest and most popular platforms for the jobseekers and employers to find the right prospects and candidates respectively. The services and support from the organisation is free for the candidates looking for both full-time and part-time jobs in the UK and overseas to find vacancies and apply based on skill sets, experience etc.
Jobcentre Plus, the support for the jobseekers at the Directgov online system has recently made some changes to the Employer services and Job search tools to bestow enhanced user experience to the employers and the career aspirants.
Read on this guide to Directgov job centre UK to get answers to some of the FAQs in the mind.
Universal Jobmatch Account
The jobseekers may opt to register account with the Universal Jobmatch (also called Government Gateway account). You can even search and apply for jobs without registration. However, there are several advantages of creating an account with Directgov job centre UK.
- The registered jobseekers can create their online profile,
- Create resume using the CV Builder online tool to upload up to 5 CVs and cover letters online to match suitable job openings matching their qualifications and experience
- Save search histories for future access
- Receive email alerts to receive information about new positions (daily/weekly)
- Maintain and review your job search history when required
Check here to register for the Government Gateway Account. You must enter your name, valid email address and create password to start the sign up. Follow the directions when you reach the next page by clicking the ‘Submit’ tab.
Note: You can change your personal details, address and other credentials on the website as and when needed.
Jobcentre Plus Support
To help the unemployed candidates find jobs quickly and resolve all possible problems, the Jobcentre Plus help is there for cooperation to all candidates.
1. Jobcentre Plus Adviser
The Jobcentre Plus adviser extends help and support free of cost to the candidates looking for jobs in the following ways:
- Find job positions matching your skills
- Write cover letter and resume in a professional format
- Fill application forms where necessary
- Help with interview preparations
- Receive travel expenses to appear for the job interview (for qualifying candidates)
For more details on the help and support for the unemployed and jobseekers, you may visit https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch-rights.
2. Job Vacancy Alerts
Jobcentre plus authorities keep track of all major job portals to collect information on currently available job openings. The unemployed candidates receiving the Jobseeker Allowance will get regular job updates delivered via text messages and emails free.
3. Computer and Internet Access
Candidates without a computer or internet connection can get access to free computer and internet services at a local Jobcentre plus office or library. You can visit the gov.uk website to find the entire list of online centres in the UK.
Safety Measures for Jobseekers to Avoid Job Scams
The jobseekers are advised to consider the following aspects during the recruitment process for security concerns and loss of money.
- Do not pay any upfront fees or other charges for job training, searches etc
- Do not accept offers from employers asking to conduct the interview at your home or otherwise
- Never disclose personal or family matters not related to the job
- Candidates should not take any lift or undue favours from the recruiters or others at the interview venue
- Do not disclose financial details, bank information, driving license or national insurance number to anybody before getting the job offer
The Universal Jobmatch is the government initiative allowing the Department of Work and Pensions to help the jobseekers find employment on a safe platform. Visit the Universal Jobmatch FAQs for more details on how to use your account and find job quickly.
More Related Queries:
- Job centre direct gov.co.uk
- Universal Jobmatch Employment